Head, Internal Control
We are seeking experienced Internal Control personnel to head the internal control team. You will own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and monitoring of the company’s internal control framework. To be successful in this position, you’ll have a solid understanding and experience anchoring the internal control framework.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related programme
- Master’s degree in any of the above listed disciplines will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional certification is a plus (e.g., ICAN, ACCA, CICA, etc)
- Minimum of 8 years+ experience in similar position and in a Multinational company, Insurance firm, Bank or delivering related services (such as auditing) via any of the “Big 4” professional services.
- Solid understanding and experience anchoring internal control frameworks
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., ability to identify, assess and address risk, materiality interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for financial reporting and recommendations for improvement.
- Strong communication skills (i.e., presenting /articulating internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with appropriate level of details.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, diverse & ever-changing environment.
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimization of expertise
- Ability to work well independently, with stakeholders, and communicate the benefits of process initiatives.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the internal control framework, including policies, procedures and key risks in order to ensure that the Company has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency.
- Analyses, measures and evaluates process risks.
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to relevant stakeholders in the business.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- First level policy review of policies and procedural manuals operational across all business functions
- Provide direct support to business processes owners to ensure processes and controls are appropriately designed and implemented to address the inherent and emerging risks
- Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the approved polices and or best practice to Management
- Regularly review and align relationships with business processes in other Lines of defence.
- Identify requirements and build key knowledge in line with functional competencies.
- Create, develop and foster strong and professional relationships with business process owners
- Review expense requests to ensure they are in line with management policies prior to payment.
- Ensure compliance with the vendor selection process and outsourcing policy of PZL including sign-off on expense tickets from an internal control perspective.
- Monitor the internal turn-around time in relation to claims payment on a sample basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the MD/CEO.