Job title: Treasury and Investments Officer
Reports To (Designation): Head Treasury and Investments
Location: Head Office
- Liaise and coordinate with other Investment Officers and Bank staff in order to obtain information about current market facets and investable assets for the organization.
- Prepare project appraisal reports for presentation to the department, review committees, senior management and finally to the Board of Directors. (Monthly investment operations report).
- Justification of Investments, obtaining approvals from the finance director and the investment operations committee. Prepare and process payment approvals to disburse funds for investments.
- Continuous money market analysis and outlook, industry trends, and practices. Proposals on investment opportunities in fixed income securities, money market securities, equities and real estate.
- Undertake the work on aspects of investments and industrial development and align them with institutional objectives. Contribute to and coordinate in the investments inputs development of strategies at regional level. Provide input and comments on projects, policy, and other papers related to respective sector operations and development across a range of key themes and sectors.
- Knowledgeable with the company’s internal investment policy and also the regulator, NAICOM’s policy on investments.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, with a strong focus on credit and asset quality (include processing mandates, due diligence, negotiating term sheets and other documentation, syndications and Board approval).
- Daily liquidity report on funds available the company’s accounts.
- Treasury Management; ensuring funds are adequate to cover operating and investment activities.
- Obtaining high-quality investments in terms of credit rating and returns that align with the short and long-term investment objectives of the business.
- Adequate knowledge of the company’s products to ensure liabilities are adequately matched with assets. Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from investment operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise.
- Records of amortization schedule for investment assets and Computation of monthly investment income on investment assets.
- Participate in and contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building relating to investments/operations, products and initiatives.
- Provide peer review to other colleagues to share industry knowledge and information on respective sector.
- Assist in the development of the Industrialization Department’s knowledge management strategy, and assist in execution of this strategy;
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, advisory and technical assistance colleagues in order to champion value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or related course
- Affiliate, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or ACA – ICAN
Minimum of three (3) years cognate experience
- Adept time management; planning and prioritization skills.
- Organized Multi-tasking; able to handle more than one task simultaneously.
- Ability to process sensitive data and handle all correspondence and dictation with uncompromised integrity and competence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to leverage education in accounting to accurately prepare financial statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Kindly send CV to email@example.com.